What I hate most is when carriers (yes AT&T and Verizon am pointing at you) lock down bootloaders, but what I love most is when developers say “Up Yours” by hacking into them. AT&T LG Optimus G Pro is another example, the bootloader was locked by AT&T but enter djrbliss aka Dan and the bootloader on the AT&T LG Optimus G Pro has been hacked aka lokified.
Please note this is for AT&T LG Optimus G Pro, build E98010g only. Please do not try to flash any custom roms, kernels or anything from the recovery. This is just proof that the bootloader on the AT&T LG Optimus G pro has been hacked.
Here are the steps if you want to do them, please proceed at your own risk.
- Download lokified cwm from here
- untar the file and put it in internal memory of device
- open adb session and check if your device is being detected by doing adb devices
- get super user access by typing in su in the adb session
- do a dd if=/sdcard/cwm-recovery.lok of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 to push lokified cwm to your device
- Do not do a reboot into recovery, instead turn off your device
- Once device is turned off volume UP + home + power until you get into recovery
Please and I repeat please do not flash anything from this recovery, this is just a test recovery.