Do you have a child between ages 3-6? Do they love to get their grummy little hands all over your nice and shiny tablet? Well good for you there are a few cheaper/purpose made options for your little one.
Firstly is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3-Kids Edition
This is quite the nifty little tablet and possibly the most popular choice for parents. Quick specs are:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
- Samsung Marvell PXA270 1.2 GHz Processor
- 8 GB ROM Memory, 1 GB RAM Memory
- Pre-loaded with children’s applications including games, camera, paint tools and more
- Standard mode offers features of regular Galaxy Tab 3
It has a nice array of children based apps including games, paint and other assorted programs.
Next up is the Nexus 7- 2013 model
If it’s stock Google you want with no added frills like the Samsung, then the Nexus 7 would be your best bet.
A very tried and true tablet, this should probably be at the top of everyone’s list if you look for nothing more than a straight tablet.
- Android 4.4
- 7.02″ 1920×1200 HD display (323 ppi)
- Scratch-resistant Corning® glass
- 1.2MP front facing, fixed focus
- 5MP rear facing, auto focus
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC (Android Beam)
- 2 GB RAM
- 3,950 mAH (Up to 9 hours of active use)
- Wireless Charging built-in (Qi compatible)
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro, 1.5GHz
Next one is a bit of a shocker, mainly because not any of you may have heard of, is the Blu Life View Tab.
We did a write on this tablet, and from what we’ve read so far, it seems to be a nice tablet for its’ price point. There are, I’m sure, many more tablets out there that are worth looking into. This is my personal top list and obviously there will be those that don’t agree with me.
- Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- 3G data connection
- 8.0 inch HD 768 x 1024, Scratch Resistant Touch Panel
- MediaTek MT8389M Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- 5 megapixel front and rear camera
- WiFi b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- FM Radio
- 1GB RAM
- 4500 mAh battery
- Comes in three colors: Steel Blue, White
Have a better idea for a tablet for kids? Let us know below in the comments.