The Life View Tab is the first tablet effort from BLU Products, a lesser known OEM based in Miami, FL that is making a name for itself with budget friendly Android devices.
The Life View Tab comes in Steel Blue or White running a fairly stock version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. It features an 8″ IPS panel at 768 x 1024 resolution. Powering the tab is a MediaTek MT8389M Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 and PowerVR SGX544 GPU with 1GB RAM and a respectable 16GB of storage. BLU had the foresight to include an microSD slot for an additional 32GB of storage – something we appreciate and wish more OEM’s would include.
There are 5MP shooters both front and back with autofocus, face and smile detection, and are capable of 1080p video to fill up that microSD card. The Live View Tab is one of the rare offerings in the sub-$200 range that includes 2G/3G radios and it does have an ample 4500mAh battery. It goes on sale at the end of January for $199.
Aside from the screen resolution, BLU’s Life View Tab looks like a decent pick in the sub-$200 range, especially with 3G, expandable memory and ample battery capacity.
Life View Tab Specifications:
- Network: 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1700/1900, or 850/1900/2100
- Display: 8.0 inch HD 768 x 1024, Scratch Resistant Touch Panel
- Processor: MediaTek MT8389M Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps, Front – 5.0 mega pixel
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Memory: 16GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 32GB, 1GB RAM
- Dimensions: 205 x 138.5 x 8.95 mm, 404 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 4500 mAh
- Colors : Steel Blue, White