MotoRoot has been released peeps, you can use it to root your AT&T and Verizon Moto X, Droid Ultra, Maxx & Mini. Getting root is pretty easy.
- Grab the apk file from here for Moto X and from here for Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini
- Install the apk using adb adb install -r <filename>
- Run MotoRoot app from app drawer
- Press Setup
- Wait for phone to reboot
- Install SuperSU from Play Store
The root does have a few limitations though:-
- Uninstalling the app will disable root until reinstalled
- supersu is not able to update su yet – will be fixed in an update shortly
- su is not available for the first few seconds of boot – will be fixed soon
- /system is write protected, even with unlocked bootloaders you can not write to it while booted in Android.
In case you want to unroot (not sure why you would want to do this) either factory reset, or press the unroot menu option in the app.