Even though the boys over on the Cyanogenmod Team (Mostly @toastcfh and @SHIFT) are calling this a valpha, I use it as my daily. There are a few things that aren’t working with this build, Bluetooth (Car stereo is borked), 4g, Netflix security issues, and a few minor bugs (Bluetooth is working fine for me).
For those of you that have never used Cyanogenmod 7 or any AOSP ROM make sure you do a full wipe (data, cache, and dalvic cache), then wipe it again to be safe. It’s very different then going from a Sense ROM to another Sense ROM where you generally only have to wipe cache, dalvic and good to go (although its always a good idea to do a full wipe but not nesessary).
Cyanogenmod is vanilla, meaning they dont have any carrier bloat ware, or bogged down by huge launchers (Sense, Moto Blur, Touchwiz, etc.), and are the purest form of android you can get your hands on before anyone else does. Some people prefer all the bells and whistles that Sense, MotoBlur and TouchWiz bring…. I am not one of them. Give me pure android and let me put what bells and whisltes I want on my phone. That’s the way EVERYONE’S phone should be! All of my opinions are correct (it is my blog) ;).
So to anyone that owns an Evo 3D and wants to dive in to some AOSP goodness, I’ll have a link with the downlad and directions.
OK I’m going to do this in one breath *gasp*
– First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo 3D (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install twrp or Clockwork Recovery(You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
– Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
– Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file “/proc/last_kmsg”.
– Was it a soft reboot or a “boot loop”? Run “adb logcat” and get me the full output.
– Pastebin links preferred
– Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
Please note flashing someone else’s kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Bumblebee, cretin45, defer, kmobs, myself, and the rest of the CM team.
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
– bluetooth working! but car stereo mode is borked
– nextflix has a security issue
– wimax broken for now
– taking 3d images and video not working
– 3d pictures (mpo, jps, ect) do not display in 3d
– FFC takes pics upside down
If you’re new to flashing AOSP, you must flash the ROM zip in the OP first, and then the zip for Google Apps, linked below:
This post will be updated accordingly with more info as it develops.
Massive thanks to Snipa & s0up for goo.inside.me hosting.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Okay…. What are you maniacs waiting for?